Friday, 30 September 2011

After the first crit.....

The first crit is always confusing. Did the critics like my project? Should I agree with their comment? Which side should I take? These are the common questions after a long and tedious debate about your design. But relax and be patient. Let's the comment and words from your classmates sink in for a few days. But in case you do not realize, both Hubert and I are quite pleased with the production outcome and the graphic quality of today's presentation. What do I care most? As I have said during the three hours crit, I tried to be as rational as possible, and commented on each design according to the intention of your project. I hope you can realize by today, what do I mean by rational. At least, I seldom start with "like" without explaining why. Yet the most valuable aspect of this first assignment is that you have designed with the software tools at hand. As you have witnessed, we have spent some time talking about projects that were not as "sweet". The not yet refined projects, but with interesting architectural potential, are the ones I prefer to see and enjoy the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment